What funding do we get?
Pupil Premium is funding we get from the government to help students who can find it more challenging to reach their potential. The pupil premium is extra funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities. The aim is to close the gaps between them and their peers, making the education provided equal and equitable
We receive extra funding for each student that meets any of the criteria below:
- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- Every child who has been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority
- Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
- Children who have a parent currently serving in the armed forces
Pupil Premium is paid directly to us, and we decide how it is used to meet our students needs. Ofsted inspections report on our use of the funding, and how it is helping our students.
We are expected to show that the spending of the pupil premium:
- Increases the attainment of pupil premium students
- Increases the progress made by pupil premium students
- Reduces the gap in attainment between pupil premium students and their non-pupil premium peers
Each year, the impact of spending is evaluated to ensure that disadvantaged students are receiving the most benefits and that the Academy is achieving the best value for money. These students are also systematically tracked so that underachieving students receive timely and targeted interventions, for instance, through the Year 11 Nexus group, which aims to motivate, monitor and reward students.
If you have any questions about the provision or whether you are eligible please contact Mrs Carter, Senior Assistant Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is awaiting approval by our Governors so may be subject to change.
Recovery Premium is additional money for 2021-2022 to support Covid absences and closures
School Led Tutor Grant
School Led Tutor Grant is money to be spent on tutoring for students who have fallen behind due to Covid absences and closures.